Friday, October 3, 2008

VP Debate and my "analysis"

Billy and I have been very interested in politics this year with the Presidential election approaching in just a month. I won't be able to vote because I'm not a citizen yet, but how I wish I had done my papers so I could vote for Obama/Biden!

Anyways, I found this article in yahoo and wanted to post a comment by somebody that really summarizes my feelings:

"I found her folksy talk insulting and inappropriate for someone running for the vice presidency," said Quigley. "While Biden didn't sweep the floor with Palin as I had anticipated, I feel like that was more a function of him toning it down to avoid being perceived as a Washington bully. He refuted her non-answers of the questions with facts, and carried himself in a much more executive manner."

I also posted a comment on Anderson Cooper blog. Here's what I wrote:

First of all, I want to say that the comments by the media/analysts that she exceeded the expectations for the debate are ludicrous. So, everybody expected her to sound like Miss North Carolina AGAIN, but instead she sounded somewhat intelligent - emphasis on *somewhat.* You still would have to ignore (or double check) the misleading facts she mentioned about Obama/Biden’s plans (ie. taxes) and the exaggerations on McCain’s plans.

Second, I wanted to throw up every time she winked or used her “folksy” tone when answering a question. Not to mention the fact that she said “I may not answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear.” IT’S A DEBATE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! If you want to answer your own questions have a monologue!!!

She sounds so stupid and uneducated, especially in the interviews with K. Couric. People in other countries are laughing at the U.S and feeling sorry for us with the possibility of this woman becoming VP, or even worse, President. I already told my husband that if McCain dies and she becomes President, I’m packing my bags and moving to another country! Just freaking scary!!

**Praying for Obama/Biden to win**

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Okay so I am finally catching up on blurfing while I've got this insomnia (lol)...I totally agree with your comments here! If that woman winks at me one more time, my shoe is going through the screen of my tv set. UGH!!!!! How dumb ARE the American people anyway? Please, God, don't let them fall for her! :( It's like a bad date that won't end for 4 years...