Friday, September 7, 2007

Isabella Update

We had our 2nd doctor's appointment today. Isabella just turned 3 months on Sept. 5th. She's 13 lbs 4 oz and 22 in. The doctor said she's on the low end of the percentiles, but still normal. She eats really good (although she does spit a lot) so the doctor said not to worry. Besides, Billy and I are shorties - so no hope there! But the important thing is that she's doing ok and growing strong!

Well, the appointment went well until the nurse came with 3 BIG shots for her - 2 in one leg and 1 in the other. Poor thing. She was falling sleep and then the nurse told me to put her on her back and BAM! One right after the other. No mercy. Just ruthless. Then she started screaming crying and turned purple, like she's not breathing. Always freaks me out! So I picked her up and she fell sleep almost immediately. Poor thing... As soon as we got home, she passed out sleeping on her crib.

She' still not pooing everyday on her own (I know TMI) and spitting up every time she eats! I really thought that being pregnant and giving birth were going to be the hardest things about having a baby... well, it turns out that's FALSE! The first few months ARE indeed the hardest. But I have hope since everyone says "Oh, it gets easier..." I'm waiting for that time!

Meanwhile, here are some pictures of her...

http://andrews.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17971&l=f9220&id=585325080
http://andrews.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11160&l=365ec&id=585325080





3 comments:

BG said...

Hey Cutie, I love your new blog and I think it's a great way for friends and family to keep up with things going on with us.

I hope you get time to make this site an enjoyable past time. Love you, Billy

April said...

Ahh... thats too bad about the shots. What did they give her? Eli got his shots at 2 months (and he'll get more at 4). He felt so terrible for the next couple days. He never got a fever but the doc suggested giving him Tylonel anyway cause his legs were probably sore (one shot was a tetnus). Hope she feels better than he did.

Anonymous said...

Preciosa mi munequita!!!!!En diciembre te vemos, si Dios quiere.
Besitos y bendiciones,
Mamita Nona