Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Yosemite adventures

We are back!! It was a good trip. We drove to Mariposa Saturday morning, Billy preached and then we drove to Camp Wawona (Yosemite). We had originally reserved a big house for the 3 families (us, Sabaos, and Reyes), but they messed up and didn't realize the house had already been reserved. So, they gave us 3 A-frame houses for FREE!! :) It actually worked out better because Bella's such a light sleeper and I dont think she (or us) would have been able to get any rest with 6 adults and 6 more kids running around...

We went walking Saturday afternoon and then attemped to do some rock climbing (on a fake wall). Yamila and I didnt make it past half way up... sad, I know! Especially since all the guys and kids went up and down at least 2 or 3 times. I tried. Seriously. It was freaking hard!!

Then on Sunday, after breakfast, we went hiking. I don't *totally* hate the outdoors but I much much rather go to a restaurant, watch a movie, or go to Starbucks and chat. That or scrapbook! :) I do hate hiking and I'm grateful that Bella is a great excuse for limiting those to "strolls in the park with shade and flat terrain". 99.99% of the time at least. Well, this time was the 0.01% and they dragged me along. I was glad the Reyes had a baby younger than Bella, which made hiking with a stroller not such a terrible thing. LOL

Then, on our way back from the hike, Billy saw a snake. A really small one, but a snake nonetheless. My idea of animals and nature is going to the zoo or aquarium. All the camping I needed/wanted to do, I did it when I was 10-15 while in Pathfinders (sorta like Boys' Scouts). And I refuse going to Campmeeting unless we have an RV. I like having a shower, a toilet, warm water, my pillow and a comfy bed.

We do love the beach and so whenever we can, we escape the valley and drive to Monterey/Carmel for some sun and sand :) That's our next trip. I need some sun and sand before I go crazy in this valley!!!

3 comments:

BG said...

I loved the trip to Yosemite with you! I'm proud of you for braving the natural wonders of hiking trails, river crossings, all while carrying our chipmonkey!

Nathalia said...

LOL... our chipmonkey... LOL hey! you forgot to put rock climbing!! At least I climbed ONE of them! ;)

elizabeth strehle said...

good Job Natha! I am proud of you for trying. I miss yosemite. I haven't been there in ten years. california... sigh... when are those guys going to see that we need to be there with you.