Thursday, October 15, 2009

Family in town

My uncle (and godfather) Enrique flew to Houston with his wife last night to visit my parents and us. We havent seen them since Billy and I went to Colombia on December 2005. This morning while I was at a doctor's appointment they came by the apartment to see Bella. She sang for them and counted to 10 in Spanish AND English. Smarty pants girl! :) They were quite impressed! I've been trying to teach Bella more Spanish, at least talk to her a few things each day in Spanish. I know it's important for her to learn while she's still young. It's just hard.. Especially since Billy doesn't speak much of it either.

But my mom has been singing to her "Jesuscito de mi vida" (Jesus of my life) every time she can and Bella *loves* singing it and doing the hand motions :) Here are the lyrics. Just imagine a 2 year-old trying to say this and do hand gestures. It's too cute!! I'll have to film it soon and post it.

Jesuscito de mi vida
Fuiste nino como yo
Y por eso te quiero tanto
Que te doy mi corazon
Tomalo, tomalo
Tuyo es, mio no
Tomalo, tomalo
Tuyo es, mio no

2 comments:

elizabeth strehle said...

maybe Bella can give me Spanish lessons before we go to peru! Hee Hee.
So I have my spanish english dictionary out and I am working on the words to the song.
record Bella singing when you can, that would be so cute.
Poor Billy will be left out, but maybe it will help him to learn more too.

Nathalia said...

You should see her counting in Spanish! :O I cant believe it!! And I keep reminding myself to record her singing. It's just too cute :)