Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow Day!

I've been missing for a while.. we went away for Thanksgiving week to Billy's mom's house and this week I started working at Michaels while Billy was out of town. We had a good week at mom's house and Bella *loved* spending time with Grandma, Grandpa De, Grandpa Bill, Aunt Kathy Jo (aka KK), uncle DeDe, uncle Dan and cousin Danielle. And of course she loved feeding the baby cows and seeing all the animals.

We had a great family dinner with lots of yummy food on Thanksgiving day! And on Friday, we went to the New Orleans Zoo (even though I was dying to go shopping) but had so much fun seeing all the animals.

My dad, brother, Bella and I drove back Saturday night and Billy stayed in Louisiana to fly with his family to Maryland for KJ's surgery last Monday. Praise the Lord the surgery went well and she's recovering nicely. A big scar and lots of pain meds, but they are hoping to fly back home early next week. Billy flew back today in the middle of a "snow storm," according to Texans... ;) I guess having lived in Michigan thought me that unless it's a blizzard (and even then) live goes on...

We survived the snow and by that I mean, I survived driving around the idiots that don't know how to drive in this weather. Although I gotta say, we'd call this a *dusting* in Michigan.. we had just a very thin layer of the white stuff.. The bad news, Bella's school/daycare closed and so I had to call grandpa to the rescue because I had to work from 12-3 AND pick up Billy from the airport. Anyways, everything went well and besides my soar legs and shoulders, I'm happy!

No comments: